PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BLACKPOOL
Thread: BLACKPOOL
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 14:22
Lost_luggage34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good, factual and well constructed post cumbrain.

As you and others have pointed out, it is not simply the airline who bring routes into the airport.

There was much concern about the future of the field once Blackpool Council sold out. I'd love to know what they did with the money aside from plugging their own pension fund - that's another thread.

The new owners have appointed a development guy who I believe works very hard with others in encouraging the likes of Jet2 to test the water.

From their initial reaction it seems that it must work - there can only be a limited time with any LoCo before they pull the plug. Every indication at present says that they are quite committed.

I believe that is why Ryanair have stayed committed to the route.

As for the traffic from other airlines, then surely that is a decision for them. I still fail to see the reasoning behind multiple flights between Blackpool and the IoM. That has been a death call for a few before.

I believe the field has more potential - yes, the tent for arrvals is interesting to say the least. But the fact is, the impoteus is there. It should therefore be encouraged.

Afterall, when are we likely to see a third LHR runway ?

Regional capacity has to be made available. I believe the way in which the Develoment Manager and the LoCo airlines are doing that with Blackpool at present should be highly commended.

As for LTNMAn - you clearly begrudge the fact that you have to come up here to visit your folks. Well we are all sorry that they chose to live on the Fylde coast and that it is such an inconvenice to you.