PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR CABIN CREW
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 13:42
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some interesting comments from Cabin Crew regarding the different airlines on this thread but it's surprising that no-one has picked up on the differences between such companies.

I fly all the time for business and the products offered by the likes of BA, LT, AF and the other flag carriers cannot be compared to the likes of RyanAir, Easy jet and, to an extent, Virgin. When I travel with LH if there's a problem they take care of me, if necessary they give me a room in 4 star hotel, if I get stuck in Africa I know they will get me home, this is why business travellers choose such airlines but we pay a premium for this service. Business travellers account for the majority of the revenue in the airline business and flag carriers are wholly reliant on them.

The lo-co's are carrying a lot more people who've paid their own fare and in my experience these types of people demand a lot more from the cabin staff, often they're fairly inexperienced travellers as well, taking ages to board and exit the aircraft, piling luggage in the emergency exits and then abusing the staff when they get told to shift it, think the CC are making up rules when told their kids aren't allowed to sit in emergency row exits and so on. Also, in all my times of flying the only cases of drunkeness I've seen have involved people on holiday flights etc.

Similarly I don't think you can compare the cabin staff of such airlines either. Those working for lo-cos tend to be at the start of their careers and are fairly inexperienced. BA and LT staff tend to be older and more experienced with a lot of them graduating from other airlines.The other point is BA and LT pay cabin staff a salary where it's possible to live, the lo-co's don't