PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Airlines
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 13:29
pinkaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Markie - Strong Union! Are you having a laugh?
Monarch Airlines care about one thing and one thing only and that's themselves. My wife has just left them to go to another another Airline. She was a senior and has started again as a junior and already her money is about the same, give or take £100. She was there eleven years and whilst she thoroughly enjoyed working with some great people the processes and atiitude of managers and some wannabe managers, otherwise known as trainers, was appalling! She was promoted to a 2 and made to come off the DC10 for this purpose but they left others on and promoted them. The junior crew on the 757/767 fleet clear £100s more per month than the seniors on the A320/1. At a recent sales day a moan about this was met with a comment by PB that you are all replaceable. If you don't like it leave! The strong union must have been all over him for that one - NOT! When my wife sent in her letter of resignation after all her years of service she got a photocopied letter of ackowledgement pp'd for the base manageress. She went to a leaving do for an office staff member leaving about the same time and stood next to the base manageress at the bar who completely ignored her! The management style at Monarch is archaic and repressive. Expect to go to work with some great people, work impossibly long hours and sit on a bar box in the galley next to urine soaked leaking toilets trying not to fall asleep. Don't get hurt in turbulence and end up with a broken foot and covered in curry and need your husband to collect you from Casualty because you'll get no support from Monarch. They refused to supply the company insurance policy number and I had to drive to Luton to read it off the wall in the foyer. The Company offered loss of earnings of a single payment of £150 before tax for that one. There is no career structure or career progression insentivisation for the Cabin Crew. The sooner they can replace the long serving crew with cheap East European labour the better they will like it. Then they will be the no frills LoCo they yearn to be. Monarch used to be a happy company but where this reputation for huge cabin crew salaries comes from I have no idea. You must be referring to senior management bonuses. Well PB, she got your message and left. Enjoy counting your money! Bye.