PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Sponsorship (ish) scheme OAT
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 12:31
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this whole issue of how much the Cadet salary costs will be cleared up very soon at Stage 2 when they spill the beans. It will just cost you £200 to find out
You are saying that they would write false values in an official business plan? Well you should know that they cannot do that for legal reasons.
1) False values? No. The values are not false. They have taken your salary and added the loan payments that they make on your behalf. They have just played with figures, somthing which accountants are paid to do (I worked as an auditor for one of the 'big 4' and saw this every day).
2)An official business plan? I thought you said it was from the OAT froum? Is this a normal place to publish legal documents? No, it will be subject to the usual disclaimers on such forums and, as such, aint worth the cyberspace it's written on.
Believe it or not, those ARE the salaries, not 20K.
This sort of comment proves my point. It quite simply shows your naivety. How much do you think pilots earn? Without going around in circles, it is the salary. If you extrapolate your 'official figures', you will get a cadet on 45k by the 7th year. Plus the 12k pa loan payments, makes the net benefit to the candidate of around 57k pa. You need to be a FO for 3 years and then an SFO for 15 years, on full pay, to earn the equivalent. It is just not realistic.
EK you are being quite immature in this case.
No my friend, I just have a healthy knack of asking quetions and trying to see the facts as they are. And a calculator that works properly.
Donandar, your post so far is the most worrying.
but for me it's not about the money or how much I'm spending.
Thats the attitude! I'll bet you'll think the same way after 7 years in a shared rented flat. You are just the person they are after.
if you sit at home, thinking through ways in which it can't be true, ways in which its cleverly marketed and ways in which you can find a reason to inform those who have an apparent lack of maturity compared to your oh-so-mature selves, I really do wonder!
Why do you wonder? There are already a few people on the forum who are thinking of applying and are now asking questions. And the long term effect of people not applying to these schemes due to the dodgy economics may, just may, be a better deal for future schemes (doesn't apply to me though, I'm already well into a modular course )
The same goes for those who praise the scheme - you're just as bad - either get on with it, or don't.
Err, so were not aloud to discuss the scheme? Just what is the purpose of this forum? And if you don't want to hear about it, what are you doing here? Does the fact that you are posting mean your comment is aimed at yourself?
May I suggest that when you do go to OAT for selection, you ask questions. And lots of them.
Don't forget your £200 cheque either.
EK