PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My PPL Questions
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2006, 22:45
littleport2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My PPL Questions

Hello Guys,

First off let me introduce my self, my name is Matt Hallam, I'm 16 years old, and I live in Hertfordshire in the UK.
Since I've been about 6 years old the only thing I've realy wanted to do is fly, nothing fancy like fast jets or helicopters, I would be very happy just to have an old two seater homebuilt aircraft, just as long as it could get me into the air and safely back down.
So far I've only had about an hour and thirty minutes in light aircraft, but I absolutly loved every second!
Anyway the main question I have is to do with when I should start training for my PPL, I am currently off school for about 10 weeks for my summer holidays, but after that I will be back at school full time, for 2 years, and then possably off to uni. I was wondering weather I should get a part time job that I can do at the weekends and in the school holidays and just save up the money, untill I have enough to complete the whole course from start to finish, or whether I should do the PPL training as I go along at weekend and in the holidays.

You opinions will be greatly apreicated, as will any other tips you have for me. Thanks a lot, Matt

P.S sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I didn't realy know anywhere else to put it, and sorry if I've made a few spelling mistakes, I'm rather tired.