PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2006, 22:40
NURSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TT most of us do actually apreciate what the cops no mater what uniform they wear have to deal with. In my job I deal with them on a regular basis in investigations of assualts. The ones who approach with a little humanity and are civil get helped the ones who are officious and demand were they should ask find their job alot harder. Most people here me included wouldn't want to do your job but.... many think you might find things easier with a polite smile and a little humanity there is a time and a place for bending the rules a little and it may pay dividens in making you seem more approachable and human.
Most of my mates are PSNI and most of them say there is a time and a place for humour and helping people like the Herc full of tired squaddies just back from a long tour who want to get home. You're at the end of your 22 so your experience will probably have told you all this the problem seems to be mainly the ones straight from the factory who need a little guidance from the old hands.