PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Inquiry into BA Engineer @ Glasgow
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2006, 16:50
AUTOGLIDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joetom
Autoglide.
I think the amout of staff aware of this working they do in BAMG is very important, if it was well known by other staff and no action was taken, then not just a case off these two enginners at fault, will be a general BAMG way of working or even other/all parts of BA Engineering.
As I mentioned before, no people/staff have answered my question, come on chapps at GLA, was it only the two engineers who knew of this stamp on walk about duties.???
Hey Joetom, I think you may have missed my point here a little bit. What I'm getting at is that as it stands, nobody knows how many people at BAMG knew about it, so let's not start blaming everyone, it may be just a few bad eggs, maybe everyone is a bad egg, I don't know and neither does anyone else except the staff of BAMG. But however many, I doubt CAA will do anything in a meaningful way.
What I personally find so awful is that basically, how the hell did aircraft maintenance come to this in the UK? When I did my BCAR Multi-X etc it was a serious profession, to say I'm gutted at the way this (aircraft maintenance and aviation in general) is all going would the biggest ever understatement I've ever made. I didn't invest 8 years of my life in an apprenticeship and studying to become a Licensed Aircraft Engineer (licences which turned out to be harder than the BSc Honours degree I completed afterwards) to be in this sort of industry. It's just not good enough.