PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let the Crawl Begin
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2006, 08:34
Th Caz_Crawl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Riddick
HI all
As a person who was there for the very first 2 Casuarina crawls I can vouch that it was an experience that I will never forget, and still talk about to this day.

The first was gigantic and as we followed a ute full of beer with leaders in hard hats and flouro jackets we spread out like sheep over two residential blocks. My favourite event was the boat races, and we would have won if it wasnt for one K###xy cheating. To top the night off, the police rocked up in there divvy van and it was then mobbed as patrons tried to see how many people fit in the back of a divvy van. After decoratoring the cop car with VB stickers the police made a hasty retreat and left us alone for the night. My guess there were over 100 people there drifting over 5 stops of botique beer.

With my second event my memory is a little hazy but the night was just as good. There was the race of the flaming ar5e wholes, where one person disappeared for the night. One keg went flying out of a window of a 4wd as they took the corner, and finally there was the record amount of police cars and motorbikes showing up. Over all a great night.

So all you young starters looking to network this is a prime time place to meet and greet. I hope the night is a great success, have fun.

Riddick
The First was in 1997. The Airnorth ute was never seen at a Caz Crawl again. The Crawl you mentioned as your first sounds like about 99.

Hopefully Singing in the Rain will make a long awaited return.