PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ben's PPL Diary
Thread: Ben's PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2006, 07:10
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The RT is not that hard really, it's just about learning a different language based loosely on English!! Remeber at the end of the day it's there as a safety item. Let's be fair here, if your engine fails in flight, who in their right mind is going to give all the information in the right order on a mayday call. Personally I think "OOOOHHHHH SSHH**TT, going down near XXX" will do just as well. Also remember to not drop the aeroplane while flying the radio. Here's another of those old sayings "Aviate, Navigate, Communicate".

As for me, well, I've changed clubs and gone to Sheffield. Good school, professional attitude, I think I've made the right decision. Went last Sunday, over to Gamston for some circuits. My old club would not have sent me solo, but the guy on the day did. 40 minutes solo in the circuit, the first time I have gone solo since my first one 2 1/2 years ago. OK I've kept the rust off as best I can, but I was truly shocked when he told me to go and have half an hour on my own.

I can now see the light at the end of the tunnell. I have a fixed budget, and should realilistically get my ppl for the amount I have to spend, I might even have a little left over, you never know.

Booked in again this Sunday, navigation this week. Should be interesting as me and the whizz wheel cannot be called the best of freinds, but I'm sure I'll get there!