PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mainland UK to Jersey - Help Please.....
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2006, 22:26
Skypartners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coventry to Jersey

You can fax your flightplan and Gen Dec to Coventry Tower on 024 7630 8639 and they will file everything for you. When you land at Jersey you will be handled by the Aero Club, located at the 27 end of the Alpha taxyway. Landing fee is £12 with a £10 handling fee (called an admin fee). For that you get parking too and they can get you fuelled while you are away. If you are there for the day I recommend you get the bus from the terminal into town (terminal is a 10-15 minute stroll from the Aero club). If you want a taxi walk to the rank outside the terminal as the ones used by the Aero club are much more expensive. For hire cars I recomend Europcar. Prebook on the internet to save 10%. Go with enough fuel for the trip plus diverts as Avgas in Jersey is VAT and duty free (ABOUT 83P A LITRE). You can buy duty free gifts through the Aero Club and I suggest yoiu order as soon as you land. DF prices are much cheaper than in town but you should note that the allowances are as per the old duty free as the CI are not in Europe. You might get inspected on arrival back at CVT so not worth risking exceeding allowances. Hope this has helped - have fun.

Last edited by Skypartners; 21st Jun 2006 at 15:08.