PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Air Show
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2006, 10:26
Dylan35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feelings on Farnborough!!

Being quite local Farnborough used to be a show I always looked forward to, however if your interested in a decent airshow as well as the numbers, save your money and go to Fairford. A shed load more numbers (4-500), a full day of flying (10-18.00) and usually a lot quicker to get in and out of, especially now!

As for the ticket price, Farnborough has become a joke, massively overpriced considering the above comments and a display line thats so far away they might as well call it the Basingstoke airshow!

Best bets, stand on the Hogs back and watch the show from a distance, go to Farn in the evenings and get the numbers on arrival or read them of from the end of the runway.

Only real highlights this year will be the A380 and the Indian stuff, IF it turns up and IT is does it shold be in Indian Air Force IL-76's (2 rumoured). The Ospreys will be at Fairford anyway, as will any B-52 or B-1 that flies over but doesn't actually visit Farn.

Save your money, just get the numbers in the week and watch from outside, I went to every show from 1980 until I gave up on the last 2...its just not worth the cash. RIAT Fairford is the way to go and put this years Farnborough money in the bank and keep it for next years Paris, a real show with 2-3 times as many aircraft and again, a whole days flying!

Cheers, D