PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 2
Thread: LUTON - 2
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2006, 08:59
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

I understand that executive business was turned away last week due to a lack of available parking? I am also told that now Luton is an official factory maintenance facility for Gulfstream, that operators of such jets prefer to use Luton as their number 1 port of call just in case of unserviceability issues arising.

Word has it, that Istanbul will be back on sale July 1st......not too sure which year though.

Shoot and stuff Buster, BLIMEY, that would be a long job, I have had a few try to 'shaft' me over the years though!

22/04, you do realise that 129.550 is based at West Drayton, so you are not talking to the unit at Luton?

Antilla you state: "Luton has just been granted a significant piece of additional airspace that resolved a known bottleneck - and (would you believe it?) the number of movements then increases.
Surely this growth in numbers was inevitable, and possibly (at least in part) its intended purpose.
Why is everyone acting so surprised?"

The new airspace does not facilitate an increase in movements, what it does do, is simply to preserve safety, because you must be well aware, the previous inbound route off the STAR interacted with the CPT SID directly above Luton airport?

Antilla, could you please in detail explain how the additional airspace has facilitated an increase in movements please, I for one would be keen to read and learn?

The recent growth at Luton would have occurred regardless of the introduction of the additional airspace to the north west of the airport, so would the 'risk' of incidents close to the airport overhead. Believe me, if Luton wanted extra airspace to facilitate projected growth, its request would have been thrown out on day 1 by the CAA! Antilla, trust me, the CAA will not allow this on a local basis, thus the extreme difficulty in obtaining additional controlled airspace by UK airports.

Last edited by Buster the Bear; 20th Jun 2006 at 09:15.