PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Electric Backs Blue Fox Airlines
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2001, 16:50
Dutchie

Lightbulb

Dear Fixer

Your statement that GE etc backs Blue Fox is a little bit over the top I thought. Good PR work I have to agree, but over the top. To make that a litle clearer I used the tcket example so let's try again....

Blue Fox have an agreement with a certain party to supply you certain goods and Blue Fox pays for that. Right? So in your case it is a consignement of spares and services from GE etc. It could also be me buying a ticket from BA to fly me from A to B. Or it could be you going to McDonalds to buy a Whopper meal.

In all these cases it is a simple transaction being set up with somebody buying and somebody selling.

My comment is that if you give a headline like: GE backs Blue Peter it sounds like GE is investing in BP or buying seats from BP or make another kind of investment in BP. So for the sake of all these 600 people who sent in their CV it is a small warning not to be taken in by a PR company/person.

Don't get me wrong I wish you all the best in the world but we have seen to many people getting excited about nothing so i rather be the Devil's advocate.

------------------
I'd rather be flying...