PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2006, 17:19
ryansf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by worldwidewolly
GEOGRAPHY Whatever it was the Jesuits taught the young O'Leary during his time at Clongowes, geography doesn't seem to have been on the curriculum. Ryanair's Frankfurt-Hahn hub is virtually in Luxembourg, while Paris-Beauvais is closer to the northern French city of Amiens than it is to the French capital.
Frankfurt-Hahn is the OFFICIAL name of the airport, nothing to do with Ryanair. It is the secondary airport to Frankfurt Main. It's only an hour from the airport, believe me, I've done it! Before Doncaster Robin Hood opened, my nearest major airport was Manchester, which is over an hour away, so one can hardly complain about airports being far away on the other end. People say that Ryanair only fly to small airports in the middle of no where, but if you turn it the other way round, people living near such airports could think that Ryanair offers flights to Major airports across the UK. Thinking about it, Ryanair flys to many "secondary" airports in the UK, such as East Midlands, Doncaster, Humberside, Leeds-Bradford, et al which don't have suc high passengers numbers as say Manchester or the London airports.