PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2006, 16:36
XSBaggage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And should regular travellers be counted separately from other travellers? I am sure that BA, AF, LH and all the rest would have numbers even lower than at present if only new passengers were considered, given the time and effort they put into promoting their expensive and not particularly rewarding frequent flyer programmes!

I believe I have said it before, but MOL is an amazing publicity gathering machine. Love him or hate him he gets people talking, he causes the debate of no frills (the FR way) vs full service airlines to be talked about in pubs, restaurants, homes, offices and internet forums all over Europe. And what happens is people use the words "cheap" and "Ryanair" on both sides of the argument, and the next time even a Ryanair basher wants a low air fare they will at least check out the FR price. Take a look at this forum for example, 12 responses in less than 9 hours, arguing about what MOL wants us to argue about. In his endless quest for publicity at least, he is a genious.

XSB