PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY to cancel TRSS in the future?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2006, 14:57
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick NOTOC
Bonding by loan in my name....isn't that exactly what is happening at ezy?
No. In easy you pay the loan. In what I am talking about the company pays the loan whilst you are emplyed by them. If you leave then you take over responsibility for paying the remainder of the loan. At the same time the company pay you a full salary rather than reduce it to get the cost of the loan back from you (ie you still pay).

I know someone who has been offered a 737 type rating through another lo-co for £25k. I think this is outrageous and anyone who pays that amount is obviously desperate. This from the same training provider that (used to) provide 737 type ratings to individuals for much less than that, but now they see a great way to make more money and are full up with 'corporate' clients and won't provide the type to individuals.

Try working for an employer that pays you from day one, provides the training (or outsources it) and doesn't rip you off for the cost of it, plus pay you nothing or peanuts for as long as they can. It is catch 22 and I sympathize with pilots faced with the difficult choice, but stop being in such a rush to get into a jet and perhaps build some experience elsewhere and then you become more marketable and in the swiftly changing employment conditions we are now seeing it shouldn't be too long before you will be able to join a company without being completely stitched up.

PP