PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Were you crew on BA 064 (B777) NBO-LHR, dep Wed 14th June arr 15th approx 0700L
Old 19th Jun 2006, 11:26
Jordan D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having flown from NBO last week (Sun 11th) on the 767 flight, let me tell you, if anything is to go by the Swissport staff were utterly useless.

Rude at checkin, told us to get to the deptarture gate extra early (1.5hrs before take-off - we ignored them, and went to the lounge) due to security checks, which we compeleted when in 5 minutes when we arrived. We then had to sit for 30minutes in the holding pen before boarding. Push back was late, due to cargo being loaded late.

The crew I spoke to, were less than happy - although some were unhappy at having to work at 767 longhaul, which I understand (from them) is less comfortable that a 747 or 777.

Overall, Swissport can take the blame.

Jordan

PS - even at 1645L when we arrived at LHR onto the Northern runway, we had a long taxi, and it took forever to get a chance to cross the southern runway, and then forever to get a jetway in the cul-de-sac. Oh and we had to cruise at 31000ft until crossing into the Med. I think its all quite normal.