PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA BAGGAGE POLICY
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2006, 09:56
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FloridaCandle
However, we advise customers to minimise the amount of hand baggage they carry with them and allow sufficient time to clear central security searches.

Seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right's doing at BA. Their new luggage policy COMPLETELY contradicts this.
Not entirely sure that it does.

The left hand is advising people to travel with as little luggage as possible BUT the right hand is telling people that they have a greater allowance should they wish to use it.

Poorly worded perhaps, but not entirely a contradiction.

As for the question earlier about what happens if someone can't lift their own bag to the locker which wasn't answered (or atleast, I didn't notice a direct answer), the answer to that would really be one of two things.

1) Have another passenger lift it at the first customer's request
2) Have the bag offloaded

I commute to ABZ from LHR and was told the other day at LHR that I will need to buy a NEW wheelie as my current one (the same Samsonite used by the majority of crew) is to big for the new gauges. I'm yet to see one of the new gauges but I'll be damned if I'm spending another £140.00 on a new Samsonite (and I won't use anything else due to the wear and tear these bags endure).