PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GF does it again... DECs!!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2006, 03:55
LDG NO BLUE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can add some make-up...

Morning gents,

Trader, thank you for your post and to share the knowledge with us.
Your chat with him touched mainly DEFO's for the 330.

Facts about DEFO's:

When me and my badge mates joined it was clearly stated on OM-A, clearly defined by the selection team that the only way into GF was RHS 320/767. Fact is that we on the 320 are still being bypassed by DEFOs to the long haul fleet. For the grass being greener...
I got overtime once, since I'm not part of the "club" and LDG NO BLUE here flies only east in a desperate attempt to get my HF straight one day! I want a better rating for when the *** hits the fan so I increase my chances of bringing food home.

We have lots of contract pilots, with extended contracts. Lately, extended until their retirement.

Fact is:
There are and will be pilots on the LHS that joined the company after us and are blocking our command. You can put some make up on this fact with words as: temporary, emergency solution, exceptions, 1 year contract, BUT, the nude reality is: Direct Entry Captains!

Concerning the guy that left for Arabia and now decided to return, when he left, was probably for a greener pasture. Now, when you do a move like this, you carefully analise the consequences and possible outcomes and you stick to your decision because is the best course of action at the time. I see this scenario like a boy wanting to join a rugby match and at the first contact with their defense line, runs out of the course calling for momma! I don't blame him, GF is responsible it.
Question is: when is he moving to the 330/340? To build up seniority in a different airline is an alien concept for me.

Can you imagine if all ex-GF that joined EK, QR decided to come back? No exceptions granted! If you don't draw the line, chaos will reign.

Seniority is a necessary evil that will disregard qualifications and experience to keep fairness in this game. Seniority will be decisive when a downsizing takes place, resulting in ONE number making the difference between staying or going, between staying LHS or demote as FO to keep your job.

If you remember the end of the movie "Braveheart" when Mel Gibson gets a haircut and shouts freeeeeeedoooooommmmmmm?
Well, you can see me shouting SENIORITYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

LNB