PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand cost of living?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2006, 00:53
aintsaying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Yeah I had a really extravagent life style when I lived there. Worked 6 days a week, got head aches driving along the motorway to work, it went away when I put the fan onto recirculate. Hmm wonder what would cause that? no aircare in NZ yet.
When the wife and I went to a pub for a reasonable feed and a pint I never got more than $5-00 change out of $50-00. usually we were still hungary afterwards too. Gas was cheap then at $1.25/litre, milk was just on $3.00/ 2 litres, meat like mutton was around $20.00/kg, electricity per month was always just under $100.00/ month, to catch the ferry to the south island you will not get much change out of $500-00 per direction for 1 car and passenger (ferry trip time 3 hrs)
I worked with other persons from around the globe who moved to NZ and they are all now back overseas glad to be gone.
One thing we all agree on is it was good to go there to see what its like, had fun, some of us got a good look around, many did not.
For me I find it cheaper here in north america. You might find it better than your current situation. Your new employer is the biggest factor.