PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2006, 08:52
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heya FA101!!

Hehehe! You're probably feeling exactly how I felt for my VBRD! Well its okai... I'll mother you until then Definately keep an eye on this thread as its jam-packed with info from other generous VB CC and peeps who also have experience in the FA industry... it really helped me out at my VBRD! However... I never let on to anyone there at the day that I was on PPRUNE as I didn't want to rub into people's faces the knowledge I had... on the other hand, some people who were there and previously FA for other companies seemed to continuouly rub THAT in! lol anyway... on the day, definately be on your best behaviour! Be cheerful, smile lots, and giggle and ask questions of other people. DO NOT be quite or go off into your own little world! Interact with others, don't sit quietly studying others... I mean, study others, but don't make it obvious! As I looked around the room throughout the day, I could see a few of the other girls in their own little world's with blank and worried expressions... these are the girls that didn't make it through to the second half of the day. Pretend as if someone's watching you the entire time, and DO NOT bitch about anyone there! IF someone says something to you eg 'ewww whats she wearing?' just hmmmm.... and leave it at that! As much as I'd have liked to comment on a few strange girls there, I saved it for when I got home to my bf and told him the story of my day
Well, you should have, or will be recieving an email with a run down of the day. I'd advise you be there at exactly 7.30am, coz everyone else is! I wrote on this thread that it was like 7.35am and practically everyone was already there! The room is overpowering with perfume and girl's giggles...
When you get there, you'll stand around while people 'register' eg show their documents/certificates to the two peeps that are basically in charge of the day... Leisha and Tom (most probably). Then you wait around some more till all the other recruiters (ladies from Brisbane and Melbourne VB base) come in and call anyone whose already registered to go through for the 5min interview. This is where you're asked for your resume, and basically this 5min interview is like you declaring yes to being flexible, working weekends/public holidays, that you're over 18yrs, why you want this position. I found that the 5min interview was basically a declaration that you understand the duties of a FA, nothing hard really. The person does the questioning, you do the answering, its brief, its 5mins! No need to worry, when I stood up to get out, I was kinda buggered it didn't last longer... lol and also, its in a room with round tables, and at each table the same process is happening with some other FA hopeful... it actually sounds a lot like the chatter in a market when you enter the interviewing room!
After that everyone is asked back into that room with the round tables, and you are to sit at a table where you don't know anyone (which was hard for me, as I'd spoken to almost everyone there!) and then you had that comprehension sheet which was easy... basically was several paragraphs about Virgin Blue, how its name was announced on the radio (I think Triple J) and then the second paper was asking 'on what radio was the name of Virgin Blue announced?' and there are four options, say 1-101.9 FOX or 2- NOVA or 3- Triple J or 4- MIX 101.1 and obviously you gotta circle the correct one. This is called comprehension, where you're given information (on paper) you read it, then respond to the questions on the next page. Best of al, you can keep referring to the info sheet! Its not taken away from you so its not like you have to remember it! Only thing is that you have like 5mins (I think it was that much) to read it and write.
Then there's group activities which are easy, you have to create a pet store blah blah blah what are its features? products? etc just brain storming ideas etc.
Seriously, after my VBRD I wanted to kick myself up the behind for being soooo worried all this time! But I guess thats how it is in life, when you enter 'the unknown....' lol
I really enjoyed my day.... you'll find that the recruiters are sooo nice! They seem genuinely interested in what you have to say.
After the group activity, we had a 45min break as they decided who went to the next round. After this we all came back from lunch (its was 1.15pm) and we were handed letters that said whether we progressed to the next stage, or not. The next stage consists of an interview that goes for about an hour with just the one recruiter, and then a 2min roleplay where you're meant to demonstrate your 'customer service' skills as you 'calm down' and angry passenger on board a cruise. Really simple, you just have to keep referring to 'our policy' and remain calm yourself and smile, preferably not slouching, stand up straight so that your posture shows you're in control.
Whenever I get an angry customer, I let them vent it all out on me, and then I gently lay out the options for them to fix the problem, and thats what I did in the roleplay too.
...Just reading over your last post FA101... I didn't actually have any problems with any of the questions, and they actually advise you to take your time in answering them (in the interviews). For example, they ask you to retell a time when you had an angry customer, and how did you resolve the issue. And you just gotta think from past experience in Customer Service of a time when you had an angry customer in your face... shouldn't be too hard, as I personally often come across loud and angry customers, even at the library! lol
Heyyyy... don't worry about the VBRD anymore! I mean, lay out your clothes from the night before, eat well before you go (I didn't, and an empty stomach contributes to nervousness!) be happy on the day, smile as if someone's watching you the whole day. Don't drift into your own little thoughts, go to the toilets if you have to, but don't make it obvious that you're thinking... participate in the group activity, LAUGH and ask questions of the others, even if you couldn't care less about their hobby (I know, it sounds mean...) act to everyone as if they're a customer
You'll have a GREAT time, guaranteed keep us posted about your experience because I have a feeling that this thread will be very helpful for many other people who plan to apply for VB CC in the future too I'm so glad I did my research beforehand... good luck for Tuesday FA101!!