PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2006, 08:10
Donandar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told the students now do a multi-engine CPL before coming back to the UK so that they can fully concentrate on their IR and changing weather / airspace conditions. I know what you're saying about applied instrument flying, but a knowledge of principles in practice allows for much quicker adaption on return from the US surely?

Are you saying it'd make the course easier to do no applied instrument training and do it all upon return from the US, and presumably in the same amount of course hours and without a price hike?

Upon looking round Oxford and talking with the students already there you begin to understand that common sense comes into most of the so called 'problems' people arise. Not all students are happy, but you obviously can't please everyone and to be honest, when talking with a few I thought to myself "I'm not suprised you're disgrutled" just because they're that type of person!

You talk about the fact that the R/T and procedures are different and you say this as if it's a bad thing... Well if you were coming back to the UK, you already KNOW that you're gonna have to brush up on UK RT - so why not use OATmedia's RT comms software? I used the VFR stuff at my local club doing my PPL and it was fantastic.

I understand it's a problem, but if you have common sense you'd do something about it...