PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2006, 16:54
soviet bloc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not saying anything about whether or not to train at other schools, I'm sure they too have their fair share of marketing spin, I seek only to warn the niave (as I was once) that oxford market the fnpt2's as seneca sims when they simply are not. They are at best basic instrument machines, and yes as far as procedures go they have some training value, but as for handling the aircraft I found they were detrimental to progress esspecially as there were frequently up to 15 day gaps between flights because of the farcical way the ops desk is run there.
I also do not wish to say that any pilot should rely on type familiarity however when your sole aim is to pass the IR then you won't care so much about questions of ego such as 'if I can do this on my type I should be able to do it on another' the aim is to get through and pass... another b/s line oxford love at the open days by the way - we train you above the levels required - BULL

Oh and by the way, I did pass an airline sim assessment some time ago, on a type and sim which I'd never flown before.