PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Decision on F/O Position.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2006, 09:30
KeepRecovering

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compared to the UK, I am much better off. I'd love to know why people can't survive on a FOs salary out here. I suspect that they are living it up a little more than they did in the own country before moving. With most things provided for I fail to see how the inflation figures can be applied as a whole to the individuals. Ok so food/petrol and beer has gone up in price but I don't see it hurting me too much.

I am definately better off than I was in UK ..period! I spend more because I live better, eat & drink out more, play more expensive golf, participate in more events. Sure, Dubai isn't cheap in these departments, but you have a choice.
One thing to remember, the salary is tax-free, overtime is tax-free. What does this mean to me? well in UK I'd be paying 51% tax on all overtime so a UK carrier would have to at least double my overtime payments for a start!

MY advice, look at the package and work it out for yourself, pay the place a visit, don't listen to all the wingers on Pprune ('cos by god there are plenty) for every winger there's one who is more than happy.

Good luck.

p.s. The overtime/too tired/don't want to do it saga. Easy solution, if you don't want to do it then go sick on grounds of fatigue/tiredness. I have and have never been called up for it. Simple!