PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First CLASS MEDICAL QUSTIONS
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 23:31
Leezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
"I just wore my jeans and a pair of trainers, and a sweatshirt - basically smart casual."
Smart casual?
Currently, despite job applicants having all their qualifications - some even have type ratings - airline recruiters reckon that around 50% of fATPL holders are unemployable. Why? It's because they are simply not the sort of people the airlines wish to have sitting in their cockpits.
BEagle,

What has that got to do with wearing jeans and trainers to a medical ?. The clothes I wore to the medical were smart, but as I said casual. I wasn't going for an interview so did not feel the need to dress up in the whistle.

I already said in the post that it is advisable to wear something you can run in - thats what I was told prior to going, so I wore trainers. The one (and only) guy who was fully suited and booted had to go run around the car park for 20 mins on a frosty/icy morning in a suit and a pair of shoes - hardly advisable now is it.

There were people there that were just in there scruffy clothes they would wear around the house. Didn't stop them getting a medical THEY were paying for.

What you wear to the CAA medical centre has absolutely zero influence on whether you can fly an a/c or not. It's the results of the medical itself that counts.