PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The TNT B737 EMA/Birmingham incident thread
Old 16th Jun 2006, 22:24
reevery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been sitting passively reading this, but in response to the posts about "how you remove it" etc...

The plane was moved off runway 33 in time for the full length to re-open at about 1609 local, and was moved into the Alpha Loop. Overnight it was moved across to the western end of the currently unusable (due WIP) cross runway 24. This was all done with the RH engine on a low-loader, as it is now, and the markings have all gone. If this helps anyone, I've linked to the best photo I could get. I understand because of the reduced TORA some of the larger aircraft were being pushed back all the way from the gate onto the runway during the restrictions to get them out.

As for the "NIMBY alert" - yes, it's inevitable. But quicker to jump on the bandwagon was a senior BHX official, this morning quoted in the Birmingham Post as saying "If we already had the runway extension we plan to have by 2012, I think it would have made a difference," he said, "It would have allowed the larger plans to take off earlier."

http://www.reevery.net/gallery2/d/29...7-7786_IMG.JPG