PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Pay for your PPL
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 18:00
PPL-Trainee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m not to certain how the whole banking system works, but the "pay £23 a week" at first seems a good idea, but thinking about it doesn’t seem to be overly beneficial. I for one am planning to go to University after sixth form and the extra cost of helping to contribute for the fees and paying for the £6000 seem very daunting.

My suggestion is simply pay the money when you get it (like I am) and I overall get £80-£85 a month towards lessons, simply by delivering a few newspapers daily. Unluckily, I don’t get much funding from my parents and have to pay for the majority of the course.

Simply ask a local newsagents if they have a spare round (they often do as my "Boss" does some of the papers himself, and will be more than happy to pay someone a couple of a pound a week, so he can get a few extra hours "kip"). Soon, I will be taking on an extra round which will bring in an £184 a month (not including funding from parents). Not bad for a part time eh? That’s approximately 2 lessons a month (one every two weeks).

Unfortunately, working isn’t easy (much to my horror) and often requires a lot of lost sleep. But keep telling yourself “I will get there!” And you will,(Eventually).

I have to echo what others have said, there are part-time jobs out there, and you simply have to look for them!