PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 12:33
Irish Steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My question is it a "Rumour" or "News"?
It's not rumour, as it's fact, and at this stage it's probably not news, as too many of us have got used to the massive decline in standards across the entire travelling experience.

Bottom line is that I'm probaby becoming a grumpy old man, and yes, it's a reaction to the way that travelling by air is becoming increasingly unpleasant, frustrating and downright nasty. I've been using airlines regularly for close on 35 years, and in the last few years, it's got to the point where while it's cheaper, the quality of the overall experience has been massively diminished by a whole range of issues. Things like rip off parking charges imposed by the airport authority, a local airport (Dublin) that's lost the plot completely in so many ways, security checks that can take up to an hour to get through, having to remove shoes and trouser belts to get through the security checks, poor or non existant catering facilities in the terminals, a terminal waiting area with 8 gates for aircraft 737-800 size, so possibly 1500 passengers waiting and only 250 seats, the inevitiable rugby scrum around the gate as soon as the inbound arrives........... It doesn't make much difference any more if a "LoCo" carrier is used, or a "full service" airline, as much of the "experience" before and after the flight is identical.