PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY to cancel TRSS in the future?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 09:50
bloggs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick : With all due respect, what a load of twaddle!

So instead you pay for you're rating up front and they will pay this back over some period (3-5 years again) even they will pay some intrest on top
Read the contract (oh sorry you probably haven't seen one, if you did you would know), you don't get your money back. Over 5 years the TRSS scheme will cost the employee circa £42k, in other words one years salary. Or, just give us a year of your life for nothing!

Since when has 100+ aircraft been a small airline! EJ needs to start thinking (and acting) like one of the big boys. The only reason EJ is turning into a training airline is because of crappy TRSS/cadet deals, under crewing and slave like rosters that change at the whim of the latest fire fighting scheme from crewing.

Let me be clear I do not like airlines that make money from their pilots in training
So that would include EJ then because that is exactly what they are doing.

If EZY terminates your contract at some point (e.g. disciplinairy action) they will even pay the remainder of the loan/bond.
Says it all really when it comes to your understanding of how these schemes work. Gee, i get a warm fuzzy feeling when i think that if i cock up and get the boot CTC/EZY will come to my rescue and pay the bill. You gotta be kidding.

company culture is amongst the best in the industry and for the type of operation it is unbeaten
Oh come on, company culture is so good the cabin crew are in dispute over pay, the pilots are knackered with 5254 and being told it is their fault because they live too far away (where is the orange Fatigue Management Book when you need it) There have been warnings about the lack of crew since the numbers were cut back, the 737 crews have been complaining about noise levels for years and now the company are doing us a favour and finally getting ANR headsets into the flightdeck (nothing to do with a recent change in EU legislation, purely because people are their greatest asset) and the list could go on and on. No one listens. They want short term financial gains, instead of thinking long term. When it comes down to it you are only required for around 5 years, then you become too expensive when compared to a new joiner who does the same job and doesn't know about the crap that has been going on for years with nothing being done about it. Until they have been in for 5 years themselves.

If you are unhappy about current conditions talk to your CC, base captain or even your CEO (indeed he is approachable) but spreading negativity is by no means a constructive effort to make things better
That is about the most reasonable thing you have said. Hang around and gas bag and negotiate only to be ignored. The CEO might be approachable, but has he done anything tangible yet? The inmates are still running the asylum. Wait until people realise that nothing can actually be done about the 'lifestyle' issues at the moment even if there was a will to do so.

The other option of course is leave and get a life. Exactly what more and more people are doing.