PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to Pay for your PPL
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 08:51
FlightKlub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up wow

I am really sorry St Helier people here seem to have given you a hard time
OK giving them credit some of it is true SO here are your options

You can go to the USA and do it there YES it is cheaper I did mine there and believe me there are NO landing fees, touch and goes are Free, you will have lots of fun I did but I did my PPL in 4 weeks I flew every day twice a day and studied for my exams all night.
If you can do your exams in the UK then go to the US and concentrate on flying you will be OK.
It cost me about £3000 for the flying and exams then i had to pay for accommodation which was $60 US per night for 3 weeks, food and stuff is cheap out there but is not a good as the UK. I would reccommend Florida Naples Air.

Another Option is Malta if you can't go to the US they are great out there I am doing hours building, talk to a guy called Bent at Blue Air they have a school in Denmark too if you want to do your night rating at the same time as your PPL which I strongly advise. It's cheap, and the planes are in great condition, stick with a 152 do not upgrade !!! If you buy blocks its cheap, and if you pay per hour its about 150 EUROS including instructor, landing fees, VAT and your briefing !!!!! Accommodation in Malta is about 30 Euros per night ,, you'll have to work like a dog but you can do it !!! It's beautiful too !!! It takes about 3 weeks if you do it every day from 0 hours.

Look around and talk to pilots who have done it, go to the Thistle on the 23rd Sep and talk to recently qualifed students ask them how they did it ,, I have met loads of PPL students who did the funniest things to save money and they got there in the end,, the thing is don't give up ,, you can do it just keep focused, shop around and talk to PPL students (GAT BASH http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204302
)
All the best