PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First CLASS MEDICAL QUSTIONS
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 06:52
BEagle

Received 333 Likes on 116 Posts
"I just wore my jeans and a pair of trainers, and a sweatshirt - basically smart casual."

Smart casual?

Currently, despite job applicants having all their qualifications - some even have type ratings - airline recruiters reckon that around 50% of fATPL holders are unemployable. Why? It's because they are simply not the sort of people the airlines wish to have sitting in their cockpits. Many don't even get as far as being called forward for interview, because their applications are almost unintelligible....... Writing in lazy yoof-speak 'txt msg' slanguage rather than proper English is a habit which anyone aspiring to an airline career should break as soon as possible.

"anyone no how much the CAA is charging for a first Class MEDICAL, i heard is the first step in wanting to fly a jet plane

THANK U"

If that is an example of your normal standards of English grammar and spelling, I would suggest that you take some remedial English lessons. Not every airline accepts applications on-line or typed on a PC... Pen and paper will feature at some stage.

The only way to have reasonable assurance that the airlines would really want you is to consider some form of aptitude assessment before parting with all that money. Although even that is no guarantee.