PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff''s love letter.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 06:34
arby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
save money on the nut behind the wheel

LET ME SAY FROM THE START I DONT WORK FOR QANTAS
But I have worked in a Road transport employer group,One of our members thought drivers should be given a$1 a week and be glad of it (underpay the morons were his words) I reminded him they were in control of his ASSET worth $800,000 with up to $500,00 worth of his customers products on board.
Did he really feel happy about getting a monkey to be in charge of that Liability...???? He took a new look at his drivers when he realized that if the monkey stuffed the gearstick ($18000) or didnt put enough oil in the engine($45000) and the customers product was acouple of days late (not renew the contract) what were the consequences to his bottom line?? ... How nice he became to the monkey ..In fact him and his monkeys are all good mates and now work as A TEAM... it works well, they get productivity bonuses and work together to do things better, he has no problems with unions or DRIVERS and boasts as to how he wont employ monkeys, they had a union rep who was told to "P..s Off"and when one of the drivers displayed monkey like characteristics he was "SHOWN THE ERROR OF HIS WAYS "by his Driver friends,... IR works for TEAM players maybe GD might just read the one man army and this little Missive.. Good Luck