PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex SAA over 60's should they stay or should they go?
Old 15th Jun 2006, 20:53
Iconoclast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercenary Ali - good post.

Originally Posted by MercenaryAli
As a person who is also a pilot - I am sick to death of those who spend so much time slagging off those over the age of 60 who don't wish to be thrown onto the scrap heap. Since when did age matter so much to so many? .... just leave the old folks alone and if they can pass a Class 1 Aircrew medical who are you to make judgement on who should be hired and who shouldn't. Maybe some you young F/O's could learn a thing or two about real flying from these giants of aviation - they learnt to FLY not push buttons !!
Mercenary Ali, I couldn't agree more. Fluffy is being particularly polite in these columns, but earlier on, to another contributor, he suggested that it was the problem caused by 'old farts' like him who were the problem...it would seem that there are many here who fail to realise that a great number of these 'old farts' have mauch more experience and can still contribute to the greater benefit of aviation whilst they still possess all of their faculties and a class 1 medical. I think I would prefer my family to fly with some 'old fart' who knew the business than some young upstart who thought he knew it all

Iconoclast