PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage Allowance Cuts
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2006, 19:37
FloridaCandle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Globaliser - put it that way it doesn't sound so bad!! But I booked in good faith without any forewarning they were planning this, and am now having to pay even more. Most people I've spoken to agree they'd be p....d off! Yes I can put more items into my hand luggage, but the 1,000 metre sprint to Immigration in the US is bad enough with light hand luggage, let alone heavy stuff.
The decent thing to do would be for BA to honour their commitment of 32kg to those pax who booked before the change was announced, but travelling on or after implementation date. Provided of course that those pax do not exceed the old TOTAL checked limit of 64kg, ie. instead of 2 bags at 32kg, 3 bags at 21 or 22kg each. That would be a fair compromise for all.
Another quick thought - the overhead bins on the upstairs of 747's are often smaller than others on the a/c, so that will place a further, albeit slight, limit on pax seated up there. The side bins are handy, but not very roomy being so slim.
Does anyone know if VS are planning to follow suit with this? Their allowance is better and they offer more to premium pax, ie. limo transfer, etc. I just happen to prefer BA because of my history with them and their professionalism on board.