PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Handheld GPS: Lowrance or Garmin?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2006, 17:48
HELOFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too good to be true ?

I am going to be doing my training in the States and then hopefully be working there for the next year, so it would be handy but after that & outside the USA ...... will its main function still work ?

The weather feature looks very handy & makes me wonder why it doesnt work outside of the states.....

The big question is , if any of the units are used out side the states for example , will they work in other parts of the world , like Australia , or do you have to get it rechipped ( $$$$ for no real reason ) or download all the different maps as well ?

Its a lot of money to spend , not sure if I want to keep adding $$$$ and lots of it just to keep the tool working .

Thanks for your input, from what I could see on the site , it is only going to work in the USA cause of all the XM stuff and doesnt seem to mention anything out side of USA .... then again neither does the Garmin but I am sure it does..... doesnt it.

Will the GPS ( Garmin or any other ) work out side the USA ( excluding the features that require XM or US suported stuff ) ???

HF