PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked sinks
Thread: Blocked sinks
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2006, 16:34
keel beam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6chimes
Sorry but i pour it down there if it gets blocked then sort out the problem. (sorry engineers)

It is not just only the engineer’s problem, your fellow crew members that have to take the aircraft on the next sector suffer because the engineer usually does not have the time to clear the blockage.

The interaction of fluids tend to be between wines /juices and milk. Blockages by tea and coffee are by tealeaves and coffee granules. I had one incident where I had difficulty in removing the galley strainer (first line of defence to a blocked drain). Once the strainer was removed there was evidence of caked on tea leaves/coffeegranules. After a good scrape (and cleaning out of the strainer) I was able to fit the strainer with ease – sadly this was a case of a chronic sink blockage that will require a longer down time to cure.

Tightslot – Your company seems to be proactive in minimising blocked sinks, BA’s proactiveness is send a memo to the head of cabin crew with engineering’s concerns, cabin crew are notified then after a short memory lapse blocked sinks are here again.
Suki girl – you are an angel, if cabin crew could look ahead for their collegues then all this fustration would be history.
If it is any help to you I would happily leave the contents of a blocked sink, for your viewing, in a container in the galley. It won’t be a pretty sight (the smell is not too good either) but it might help get the message across. 15 cabin crew down 10000 to go.