PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA BAGGAGE POLICY
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2006, 14:12
girtbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ezybus who you kidding????

The unlimited weight restriction has been a nightmare in some bases and on several routes inparticular.

A/C where being delayed left right and centre as pax bags were being off loaded into the hold, so much so the crew bags were made smaller to get a little more room in the bins. Things are calming down now but i think thats from check-in finally being sensible about whats let on esp when the flight is booked full.

Personally i cant believe the CAA allow this amount of hand luggage onto the plane anyway. I can almost guarantee that overhead lockers are being crammed past the designed weight limit.

Why you need to carry so much into the cabin anyway is beyond me, if it looks like a suitcase it should be in the hold. Hand/shoulder bags and laptops should be the limit.

Will it take a death of a pax due to bags falling out in turbulence or yet more pax dying during a crash as bags hurtling out of the lockers killing them?

It just seems to fly in the face of saftey. But thats my opinon.

Ozzie you have seen first hand the state of a cabin after a crash, now add all the extra baggage people bring onboard today, would the situation not have been worse?