PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2006, 12:32
Skintman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does everyone knock the training schools ?

There seems to be a constant bashing of the training schools. One of my brood went to OAT a while ago and then wrote to every Airline on the planet, as they all do. Received virtually no replies and a couple of no thanks.

The OAT graduates were arranged interviews with airlines and most got jobs within a few months on jets. Without the Careers Staff at OAT, they'd all still be looking.

The point is, the airlines like this system or they wouldn't use it. They get an ongoing steam of quality low hour pilots without the grief. It works for them.

I'm sure all the main flying schools have similar good connections with airlines built up over many years and hence can place most of their graduates quickly. Yes it costs to go to a major school, but it's the route the airlines use the most.

The airlines don't train pilots any more so lets give the schools a bit of support.

I have no connection with any school, just experience of seeing my offspring through OAT and have no complaints. Prospects should be even better now for low hours chaps now that pilot demand is picking up. Best of luck in getting that first job.

Skintman