PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of 121.5mhz (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2006, 11:31
Diddley Dee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC
So you quote in one post the high number of infringements compared with other countries and when asked for figures you merely offer the reported ones in the UK & a "go look for yourselves" for the other countries stats.... Does that mean that you dont have those figures & have just assumed it is a UK problem only?

How do you know that other countries with a simlairly congested controlled airspace does not have as many lost pilots / airspace infringers?

As for logging unwarranted calls on 121.5............. Did you not see the FODCOM about this very topic stating that the huge majority of calls on 121.5 were by CAT? Well it was London Centre that complied that list at their request. Yes we can do it but we have far better things to do than be the "121.5 CAT Police"

VDF autotriangulation over the SE ot the UK. As mentioned earlier it does work outside its given limitations but it was designed that way because thats where most of the GA airfields are..... there arent too many airfields in the |Welsh mountains.

As for why have VORs when you can call D&D for a position fix.... do you not take any notice of what you read on this forum? It happens, sure but very rarely and again you are implying that GA abuse 121.5 routinely based on your evidence of what exactly?

I am now going to try and abstain from posting on this topic futher as I dont feel it is a problem for all CAT, indeed many other CAT pilots have said that whilst not ideal, they can live with it. It seems to be a particular problem for you & I dont see that you & I batting this back & forth serves any purpose at all. One last time , I would suggest perhaps you could channel your efforts along some other avenue to try to achieve what you want & get off the backs of those who use the system as mandated by the CAA.

Regards
Diddley Dee