PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA BAGGAGE POLICY
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2006, 09:25
FloridaCandle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW BA BAGGAGE POLICY

Wondering what crew, especially BA, think of the new BA baggage policy.
Checked allowance for all pax, including First and Club, of 23kg a bag, instead of the old 32kg. On some routes, Economy only allowed one free checked bag. No extras for premium pax in luggage allowance. Once over the 23kg per bag, they'll be charged excess of £70 per bag. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when these footballers wives turn up with their heavy stuff. Know they can afford the excess, but the arguments should be fun (unfortunately not for ground staff)
And killer of all, pax will now be able to carry any weight on board the aircraft, albeit size restricted, provided it can fit in overhead and pax themselves lift it up. Yeah right!
I should think crew must be steaming over this. I can just see the confusion now with 400 pax boarding full 747 to Florida with 3 pieces of hand luggage each, weighing an unrestricted amount, in all cabins. I'm ready to take bets on how many times the crew will asked to be lift these weighty items into already full overheads. Bad enough boarding 747 at best of times, with this new policy I dread to think of the result.
Policy starts on 11th October - dread to see BA's on time performance stats for that day. Needless to say, muggins here is flying to the US on that day - I've already ordered my dinner at Heathrow in preparation for the delay to an early morning flight!!
What do you think guys? Think this has the potential to be an absolute nightmare for all.