PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I still can't believe I was that stupid...
Old 15th Jun 2006, 08:30
planeenglish

Take me downwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxflyer
Just a tad disingenuous, anyone who has achieved an instructor rating has done so by merit and proving their ability to manage new students as well as some more experienced PPLs. I have been checked out by instructors at both ends of the age/experience spectrum and have learnt from all. The ones who hold a newly minted Instructor rating often cover more items during a flight, simply because it is fresh in the mind, whereas those with more hours have the benefit of experience. I know some instructors are hours building, so what! They have earned the right to instruct and should be accorded the respect due. Having said all of that; there are still some bad instructors, but they are considerably less in number than the good ones.
Dear Maxflyer, the question was by no means insincere, it couldn't have been more sincere, nor was it meant to be facetious. I wouldn't have raised this issue if I weren't sincere. I've seen some of the responses on this forum and know that people can be outright rude and asked this question with the utmost sincerity.

There is no doubt legally the FI with brand new status follows the rule book and less "off-the-cuff" (for those who don't know this idiom it means to do something without plan and in this particular context without much thought to the rules).

My question was simply to ask your everyone's opinion. Thanks for yours,

Kind regards,
PE