PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speeding ticket
Thread: Speeding ticket
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2006, 07:36
belgiandriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, okay. Thanks for the answers.

@ raysalmon

Concerning question 3 : "Not appearing in court will result in a warrant being issued for your arrest".

The police officer will certainly write down my address, so they will send me some notification, I presume? If i'd pay the fine as soon as I get notified about it, the warrant for my arrest will be dropped, I presume?

@ 20driver

"Also make dead certain you have obvious US insurance issued by an American firm. They take it very seriously here and are not likely to accept something they do not recognize."

They must, however. We're very serious too, over here, about insurance. In Europe, proof of insurance is called the "green card", in the US a green card is something totally else if i'm not mistaken ... but neverthelesee, this document stating coverage, must be accepted in the US.

Fact is that most of the insurance companies do not include US and Canada in the standard coverage, because of the "insane" law system that supports incredibly high damages ("get rich by losing a leg"). Therefore, insurance for the US and Canada has to be applied for, and costs extra. For that money, you get an extra insurance card that resembles the one that is common in the US.

I see no problem there.

An extra question, maybe. Is it obligatory to have an indication on the car that states its origin ? E.g. does a Canadian tourist have to have a sticker on the back of his car stating he's Canadian ?
When I put a "B" on my car (Belgium), I think it will raise exactly the same amount of suspicion than when there's no B on it ...