PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex SAA over 60's should they stay or should they go?
Old 15th Jun 2006, 06:58
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all respect to our "aged" colleges, if your pension is not sufficient and you need to do this sort of work to survive then sorry and I can understand why you are doing this, we all need to look after ourselves before we consider the others in the industry. However if this is the case why make waves, why is it nescessary to up the requirement to command, considering that it is generally quite low in europe compared to SA, why insist on being called Captain (you may think its a mark of respect but respect is earned not gained by a title), this whole call me Captain is very last decade, and my answer to anyone who says that to me is "Call me First Officer" .........which is not good CRM I know.

My Statement to the old boys would be if you need to do this I can inderstand, I dont like it but I understand, but please fit into the existing Nationwide/1time/Safair structure and do not try to change it to suit yourself or treat your new position as a personal buddy employmenty agency, as the saying goes "fit in or off"