PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates and the A380 (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2006, 06:52
Tail Rota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Fatbus...

small post but very big news. ....I hope you are correct. I have been trying to make sense of it all and its great news for the boys if they are back on course.

Personaly I was relaxed about the whole issue as it seems to change weekly around here ....and at the end of the day what can we do about it ....... I dont want cancer

411A.....you are correct mate....I didnt like what you had to say about the other resource in the right hand seat.....but I beg to differ .....as it has been my experience ......and may I add....limited experience in the right hand seat with EK .......that we are there to ensure passenger saftey, and save a very few, from having file ASR's on yourself.

I have seen a couple of very unusual practices while sitting in the right , minding my own business as you put it.......I have had to speak out more than one time below 1500ft agl, to get the co pilot in the left hand seat to correct his trajectory.

EK apperas to be upgrading at the 3 to 3 1/2 year mark......now this is based on the infomation I have from guys I am flying with, who have recently been upgraded since last year. as well as the guys I have supported in the sim, while completeting the upgrade lofts etc.....

everyone has been 3 to 3 1/2 yrs.........some 777 guys have been checked 3 yrs to day of joining EK.......how do I know this.......they are personal friends of mine and recently checked

I have always said....... the DEC's are a nesessary evil at EK, and will be for the perceived future ....but its not to keep the complainers hidden inthe right hand seat ....its to simply crew planes......I hope you are wrong 411a.........and only time will tell.

In all the caos......fly safe!

The forever doomed Co Pilot TR