PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alternative to Terrane Ltd?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 11:22
Ops and Mops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSM,

I'm not sure what your beef is with Squadron Prints, (but having re-read your profile I now know exactly why...Co- Director of Terrane by any chance?!) but there is nothing wrong with their service in the slightest. Each and every one of the emails I have sent have been fully and comprehensively answered.

Gill and Berry are very busy people (especially in the summer) seeing to their core business of comissioning and supplying their fantastic prints. This involves a lot of travel but they normally try and have at least one of them in the country at any one time.

Squadron Prints can (and do) supply very high quality badges and patches on request, but as their main business is with the prints, they do not advertise it. Normally those who deal with them will be able to get a price and delivery is very swift. As has been stated, many of the RAF Squadrons are switching to Sqn Prints for their badges (including brevets and name badges) due to the lower prices and more personal service. As for the claim that you have to order "100's" of badges at any one time from them, I suggest that any potential customers speak directly to the company rather than relying on the words of a others with "history". Word of Mouth is a very powerful advertising medium!

My personal experience? Terrane can be expensive with setup charges and I have found them, on occasion, to be rather unhelpful and "gruff" on the phone.

You pays yer money and you takes yer choice!

(And again, I have no involvement with either comapny.)

Last edited by Ops and Mops; 14th Jun 2006 at 19:43.