PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LARS units and regional QNH
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 11:16
Il Duce

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2 sheds
I don't know how the subjects of separation or over-controlling or type of service came into the disussion! Are you now saying that you would identify an aircraft with a discrete Mode A code but leave the Mode C unverified?
Good point, well put. My point was, exactly the same as Standard Noise, that under a RIS I provide the pilots with information so that they can sort out their own separation. That information is greatly enhanced if I know what pressure setting the conflicting aircraft has set and his height/altitude.

Going back to bookworm's original question - I was under the impression (please feel free to alter that impression) that a pilot could request any pressure setting he wished but set whatever the controller told him to depending on the aircraft's proximity to MATZs, active radar patterns, CAS etc etc.
I'm all for letting the flying fraternity getting on with what they want to do without overdoing it with altimeter changes every 2 minutes. Overcontrolling - no thanks, I don't get paid enough for the amount of controlling I do now so I'm not going to provide unpaid overtime as well!

Last edited by Il Duce; 14th Jun 2006 at 11:42.