PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Ryanair scam
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 11:12
DrKev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by potkettleblack
If I have purchased a 20 quid fare then I am damn well not going to give them a quarter more for some refreshments that is for sure.
I think that's a bit silly, to be honest. Let's not deny ourselves a coffee and KitKat (and with it the faint possibility of a slightly nicer flight) just cause we dont like MOL getting any more of our cash than he already does. And of course a lot of people complain at a 20€ fare and then having to pay for refreshments but are perfectly happy with a similar snacks and refreshments that come gratis on a 100€ fare.

If we'd be happy to spend the cash somewhere else, why worry about it? Heck, it's not that much expensive than EI or the same cr*p at the franchises at Dublin airport. I just hate that it's always crap coffee or tea and sandwiches that they serve. If they're gonna charge that much (and not have change) the least they could all do is offer a decent product.

Besides, I can only assume that most people posting here are reasonably experienced travellers. Surely we know what to expect and can plan ahead? In MOST airports I can think of, most of the shops or cafés are not open before 7am. Even if cabin crew DID have a float available at the start of the day, all it takes is a few passengers ahead of you with only notes and that gets eaten up pretty quickly. I can't think why any experienced traveller wouldn't bring enough small change with them to be able to make up almost any price amount between 1c and 1€. It doesn't take that many coins. (The EI crews have always given me change back later in the flight).