PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 14th Jun 2006, 10:48
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have to say that i did go a little OTT myself with my comments on des browne. it's just that his inertia makes me so mad, when i'm pushing myself on a daily basis to fight for what i believe. i'm so lucky and blessed to have the help and support from all of you and you continue to inspire me on a daily basis. i know that the best way to get what you want is not to insult but i struggle to both accept and understand his unwillingness to do something about this mess.

there is of course both sides of the arguement i agree with re: RAF requesting that the petition doesn't get mentioned. you have a job to do airsound and i for one would never wish to jepordise that, but on the other i see regualry that RAF have requested that the foam issue/petition doesn't get mentioned. why should i let them have what they want? why, should i cover up the fact that through the unwillingness of someone being prepared to take responsibility and spend the money there are ten fine men who are not here right now. why should i keep quiet at the risk of highlighting and/or emabarassing the officials. i've always been taught to take responsibility for your actions. if you are going to do something then before you do it be sure you are prepared for the consequences of those actions and that you can take them on and deal with them. they made their choice so here's the consequences of those actions. i'm reminded every day about the consequences when i realise all i ahve left of my brother is a photo, so they should be made to call over this to. please airsound, do not think that it's a case of just an online petition. you can all get it on a paper version. people can come sign it at certain desks where the petitions are laid out. i've always got a petition in my handbag. not that i'm suggesting that you get a handbag! it is in your hands for you to make your decisions. you are not under any pressure. just the RAF etc.