PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly roster?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 10:43
World of Tweed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Larry001

As blue baron has said our rosters are being switched over from one system to another.

The new roster system is supposed to allow us to bid for the type of work we want to do. So for you I assume that will be away from base in blocks of a few days each time. With that in mind you should be able to influence the way you work and perhaps make commuting easier.

There are a few guys who do already commute, all I can is that depending on where you are commuting to i.e. Holland/Scandi you might be better of at a larger base where the flights are more frequent.

One other thing to bear in mind:

If you are new to the type (like me) then you fly the 757 only for the first year or so. If you are then based at a predominantly 767 base - like manchester for example the result is a roster where most of your days of work are done in blocks away from you base in a hotel. He's an example of what I've had this month. This may not be very representative once carmen is in force but you can see how they have you working away form base alot especially if your 757 only.

2nd MAN -AGP MAN
3rd MAN-VRN-MAN
4th Taxi BHX hotel
5th BHX - PMI BHX hotel
6th BHX PUY BHX Taxi MAN
7th day off
8th day off
9th MAN- MAH-MAN
10th TAxi MAN - NCL Hotel
11th NCL-PMI-NCL Hotel
12th Taxi NCL- MAN
13th Day off