PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 10:19
Irish Steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ryanair passenger "service" does suck!

I'm going to be very straightforward about this.

Flew on an early morning flight from Dublin to Bristol last weekend, first flight of the day. Seated in Row 5, and 1-4 were blocked off.

Made the mistake of ordering 2 coffees, as the supposed facilities in the new Pier A extension at DUB also suck, in that they don't operate early enough to provide service to people on departures before 0630.

Price of 2 coffees E5.20, which in itself is not exactly pleasing. Tendered E5.50, being the closest I could get to the price. "We've no change"!!

First flight of the day, on a Dublin based aircraft, paying in the currency of the country that the aircraft is based in, and they've no change?

Ok, I was "lucky", I had some change, but where does it end?

Bottom line. Cheap and nasty little way of robbing people.

Not impressed, not at all, and I'm not about to waste even more money sending them a letter that's unlikely to produce a result, being as there's no way to E-mail them. Gougers, plain and simple.

I'm not even going to start on the implications of an emergency situation that requires english skills beyond the basic "aviation" english, I reckon there were at least 5 nationalities represented among the 6 operating crew. The PA's and flight deck announcements were "interesting" to put it mildly, and I'd be a lot more concerned about the ability of such a crew to adequately communicate in a common language that is not their first language if they were under severe pressure as the result of an "incident".